With the minor league season having Mondays off every day this week, we get to do weekly recaps based on the action from Tuesday to Sunday each week. Below you’ll find a list of the top hitters and pitchers for the Pittsburgh Pirates over the last week. The batters are sorted by OPS and they each had at least 15 plate appearances last week. The pitchers are sorted by ERA and they pitched at least four innings.
- Jase Bowen, Bradenton – He put up a .435/.536/ 1.000 slash line in 28 plate appearances, with four homers and 13 RBIs. Bowen is pictured above.
- Lolo Sanchez, Greensboro – Sanchez had a .421/.560/.842 slash line in 25 PA’s, with two doubles and two homers
- Hudson Head, Bradenton – Head hit .313/.560/.813 in 25 PA’s, with two doubles, two homers and seven walks.
- Brendt Citta, Altoona – He hit .412/.474/.765 in 19 PA’s, with a double, triple and a homer.
- Alexander Mojica, Bradenton – He batted .308/.500/.692 in 18 PA’s, with two doubles, a homer and five walks.
- Maikol Escotto, Bradenton – Escotto batted .353/.577/.588 in 26 PA’s, with a double, homer and nine walks.
- Oneil Cruz, Altoona – Cruz put up a .300/.391/.750 slash line in 24 PA’s, with a double, triple and two homers.
- Aaron Shackelford, Greensboro – He hit .273/.385/.682 in 26 PA’s, with three homers, giving him seven home runs on the season.
- Cal Mitchell, Altoona – Mitchell hit .368/.368/.684 in 19 PA’s, with three doubles and a homer.
- Bligh Madris, Indianapolis – He had a .381/.364/.619 line in 22 PA’s, with two doubles and a homer. The lower OBP comes from a sacrifice fly and no walks/HBP.
- Carmen Mlodzinski, Greensboro – He pitched five no-hit innings on Sunday, with one walk and eight strikeouts.
- Santiago Florez, Bradenton – He threw five no-hit innings in relief, with no walks, seven strikeouts and one hit batter.
- Adrian Florencio, Bradenton – Florencio allowed one hit over his five scoreless innings, with no walks and four strikeouts.
- Quinn Priester, Greensboro – He threw his second straight outing with five scoreless innings. Priester allowed four hits, with one walk and three strikeouts.
- Austin Roberts, Greensboro – In two relief appearances, he tossed 4.1 shutout frames on three hits, two walks, two hit batters and seven strikeouts.
- Shea Murray, Altoona – In two appearances, he threw four shutout innings on one hit, three walks and three strikeouts.
- Steven Jennings, Bradenton – In one four-inning relief appearance, he tossed shutout ball on five hits, no walks and six strikeouts.
- Nick Garcia, Bradenton – He allowed an unearned run over four innings in his lone appearance, with four hits, one walk and seven strikeouts.
- Luis Ortiz, Bradenton – He allowed two unearned runs over four innings, on four hits, one walk and one strikeout.
- Colin Selby, Greensboro – In five innings over two relief outings, he gave up one run on two hits, five walks and four strikeouts.