The 10th Anniversary version of the Prospect Guide goes to print this week, and will be released in eBook form by the end of the week. I’ll have a First Pitch up with information on the eBook when that is finalized.
This year’s book continues our unparalleled coverage of the Pirates’ minor league system, while giving new looks at the players in the system. Last week I previewed the new profiles, looking at the number one prospect in the system: Ke’Bryan Hayes. The new-look top 50 profiles are meant to include all of the key information on each player in a single page.
The additional prospect reports, including reports on every player in the system, will include a new feature this year, profiling the likely upside and ceiling of each player, including international players.
I’ve also written the book in a way to serve as a walk through to explain the ranking tiers, the ranking process, and what to expect from the team going forward.
This book has everything that made our previous Prospect Guides a must-own for any Pirates fan. The new presentation this year will set a foundation for future books to build upon, as we continue to strive to give you better and better reports on the system.
Order the 10th Anniversary Prospect Guide today by heading over to the PBN Shop!
PBN Card Packs
We’re selling custom packs of baseball cards this holiday season, which make great small gifts for the Pirates fans in your life. Each pack of cards is $10, and includes all Pirates cards, with a lot of prospect and rookie cards.
We’ve also got a sale on individual baseball cards, which are 20% off using the code “CARDS”. This code doesn’t work on card packs.
Each pack of cards will include:
- 10 Cards Total
- 7 Prospect Cards (Quinn Priester and Brennan Malone guaranteed)
- 2 MLB Cards
- 1 Rare Card
- Bubblegum Not Included
Rare Cards Include:
- Jameson Taillon Rookie Cards
- Jameson Taillon Refractors and Inserts
- Ke’Bryan Hayes Rookie Cards
- Ke’Bryan Hayes Refractors and Inserts
- Mitch Keller Rookie Cards
- Mitch Keller Refractors and Inserts
- Travis Swaggerty Rookie Cards
- Travis Swaggerty Refractors and Inserts
- Cole Tucker Rookie Cards
- Cole Tucker Refractors and Inserts
- Aaron Shortridge Rookie Cards (Small quantity with refractors included, only available on PBN via card packs)
- Clay Holmes Rookie Refractors (Card photo shot by Tim Williams of PBN, refractors included)
- Refractors and Inserts of Quinn Priester, Sammy Siani, Deon Stafford, and other players!
The last time we printed a book during the holiday season and shipped it out, our deadline for print was the weekend following the Rule 5 draft. We’ve seen pretty quick turnaround times in the past using local printing options, and that’s our plan again this year.
The recommended holiday ship times for USPS are December 18th for First Class mail, which is Friday. Our goal is to have the book printed and all packages shipped out by that date.
Unfortunately, there are so many variables this year that we can’t guarantee holiday shipping on the book items, and can only guarantee holiday shipping on baseball cards purchased by December 15th. We’re still going to try our hardest to get everything out as quickly as possible, and hopefully USPS will cooperate nicely.
The 2020 Prospect Guide returns to print for our tenth we are releasing two variant covers, featuring Mitch Keller and Ke’Bryan Hayes. Visit our shop to order these extremely limited items!
- Game Rewind: Pirates vs Mets, June 1, 1980